The Town of Lebanon administers a Welfare/General Assistance program that provides confidential financial assistance to residents who are having difficulty meeting basic needs for housing, utilities, and food. The program is funded by local property taxes with a 70% reimbursement from the state. All assistance is granted in voucher form. No cash assistance is issued.This program is administered by the Town Selectmen.
What to bring with you when you apply:
- Completed Town GA Application
- Your most recent bills and/or other proof of expenses including: rent/mortgage (eviction notice if applying for help with rent), CMP disconnect notice (if applying for help with power bill), heating fuel, medical expenses;etc.
- Any verification and proof regarding your household income. This includes everyone who is living at the residence where the GA assistance is being requested.
- A doctor's statement if you are ill, disabled, or not able to work.
- Proof of Identification for all household members
- Current Bank Statements
****You can be found not eligible due to lack of information provided. It will be your responsibility to fulfill any requests for information that the administrator needs to completely determine your eligibility within the program.
The Virge Atkins Fund is an endowment fund developed through a bequest by Lebanon resident Virge V. Atkins to Home Health Visiting Nurses, now called Maine Health Care at Home. This fund is to be used for the benefit of elderly residents of the Town of Lebanon, "including but not by way of limitation, the purchase of eyeglasses, hearing aids, dentures, and the like." The fund is administered by Maine Health Care at Home. Applicant must be 65 years of age or older, have a financial need at or below 175% of Federal Poverty level, and be residents of Lebanon Maine. Application forms can be found on the Town's website or at the Town Hall.
|Jenny Collins||207-457-6082 Ext 110|