A marriage license may be obtained from the Town Clerk's office. The Law states:
- * Residents of the State intending to be married shall record a notice of their intentions in the office of the Clerk of the municipality in which at least one of them resides.
- * If both parties reside outside Maine, they must file their intentions in any municipal office. Once the license is issued, the parties may marry anywhere within the State of Maine. (Note: It is recommended to file your intentions and obtain a license in the City or Town where you are to be married. This will ease the burden of obtaining certified copies of the marriage.)
- * Once intentions have been properly filed, a marriage license may be issued immediately. There is no waiting period. This License is valid for 90 days.
- * For persons previously married, a certified copy of the most recent divorce decree or death certificate of the most recent former spouse will be needed at the time of the application.
- * If under the age of 18, parents of the minor must be present to sign the Marriage Certificate.
- * The license fee is $40.00
Both parties MUST be present. Please bring photo identification when filing your marriage intentions.
Marriages can be performed at the Town Hall by appointment. Refer to 'Getting Married at the Town Hall' above and Feel free to contact the Town Office with any questions at (207) 457-6082 or in person at 15 Upper Guinea Rd. Lebanon, ME 04027
|Application for copy of Marriage Certificate||97.24 KB|